Grateful Dead Live at Calaveras County Fairgrounds on 1987-08-23
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
Box Of Rain, Jack Straw, West L.A. Fadeaway, Me & My Uncle-> Mexicali Blues, High Time, Walkin' Blues, Iko Iko*, All Along The Watchtower*
Scarlet Begonias-> Fire On The Mountain-> Playing In The Band-> Drums-> Jam-> I Need A Miracle-> Dear Mr. Fantasy-> Playing In The Band-> Morning Dew
Encore: Not Fade Away-> Brokedown Palace
* With Carlos Santana, Guitar
David Lindley & El Rayo-X Then Santana Opened
"Mountain Aire Music Festival"
Related Music (Beta) question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Box of Rain|
|West LA Fadeaway|
|Me & My Uncle ->|
|Iko Iko *|
|All Along The Watchtower *|
|Scarlet Begonias ->|
|Fire on the Mountain|
|Playing in the Band ->|
|I Need A Miracle ->|
|Dear Mr. Fantasy ->|
|Playing in the Band reprise ->|
|Not Fade Away ->|
- final show of the Mountain '87 tour
- the last great summer tour
- to be twenty years old again
- I did this tour in a 1974 Datsun 260z. What the Japanese qualified as a truck for that car, the Germans called a glove box for the Westfalia. As a result, the tent stayed in Va Beach. We slept under the stars on this tour & it was magnificent.
- 2017-07-15 14:21:21
- DAT (Sony PCM-R500) > Sound Devices 744T > wav 16/44; Joe Noel Edits: Track, Flac & Pack: Wave > Audacity > flac 16/44; Checksum & tags created in xACT; (Admin note: the info file indocates that these files are 44.1kHz; they are actually 48kHz)
- Angels Camp, CA
- Run time
- <b>flac16/48kHz</b>; unknown taper: Schoeps > spaced cardioids > pcm > dat (FOB); Charlie Miller
- Taped by
- Unknown - provided by Rich Gastwirt
- Transferred by
- Charlie Miller and Joe Noel
Subject: Just Exactly Perfect
I can count on my fingers the number of audience sources that compare.
-Every instrument clear and well placed.
-Vocals at the perfect level with every singer clear and present.
-An exceptionally wide stereo field. Even the drummers are very distinct from each other. (You just don't get this on an audience recording.)
-The sounds from each instrument and the vocals are balanced to perfection.
-There is no over saturation, distorting echo or weird panning effects.
Compared to the Ultra Matrix, which is also excellent, this recording more than holds it's own.
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on